St Saviour's at Holy Trinity
Anglicans have worshipped and given thanks to God on the Holy Trinity Church site since 1850. St Saviour's Church at Holy Trinity is the third church building to be raised here, and this is its third site. Few buildings have been as much traveled as this. Originally the church at Lyttelton West, St Saviour's was moved across the hills in 1976 to be used as the Chapel for The Cathedral Grammar School. Damaged in the earthquakes, it was offered back to the Diocese of Christchurch, and returned to Lyttelton, where restored and furnished with treasures from both churches, it was reconsecrated in 2015.
The Parish and its churches have been intimately connected with the life of the community and with the Port. Generations of Lytteltonians have been baptised, attended services, been married, and buried from here.
The Anglican Parish of Lyttelton rejoices that these traditions can continue.
First Sunday, 9:30am: Morning Prayer
Second Sunday, 9:30am: Holy Communion
Third Sunday, 9:30am: Holy Communion
Fourth Saturday, 6pm: Contemplative Eucharist
Fifth Sunday, 6pm: Ecumenical Night Prayer
Services are followed by a time for community. All are welcome.